The Beginner’s Guide to Google Posts for Local Businesses
Did you know that every second, more than 56,000 searches are conducted on Google? The majority of these searches are done on smartphones, presenting a tremendous opportunity for business owners trying to reach local customers. However, in order to take advantage of this opportunity, businesses need to be found in the search results.
Introducing Google Posts
Google Posts is a new feature that allows businesses to create content directly on Google. This content appears prominently in Google search results when people search for the business name. It’s a win-win situation for both consumers and businesses.
The Importance of Google Posts for SMBs
With 82 percent of shoppers using search engines to find information about local businesses, it’s critical for SMBs to take control of their online presence. Google Posts provides an opportunity for SMBs to showcase their offerings and engage with potential customers directly on Google.
Creating Your First Google Post
To get started with Google Posts, you first need to claim your business location on Google My Business (GMB). Once claimed, you can control the messaging that appears on the first page of search results. Here’s how you can create your first Google Post:
- Go to your GMB dashboard and navigate to the Posts tab.
- Craft a compelling headline that inspires action. Use up to 58 characters wisely.
- Add vibrant images or videos to make your post visually appealing. Ensure they are well-lit and high-quality with dimensions of 720 pixels tall by 720 pixels wide.
- Keep your post brief and concise, focusing on the necessary details. Aim for a length of 150-300 characters.
- Choose a clear call-to-action (CTA) that guides users to take the desired action.
By following these best practices, you can create compelling Google Posts that capture the attention of potential customers and drive them to take action.
Making the Most of Your Google Post
To maximize the impact of your Google Post, consider these additional tips:
- Use transition words to guide readers smoothly.
- Utilize active voice to make your content more engaging.
- Format your content using headings, subheadings, bullet points, and bold to organize the information and make it easier to read.
- Aim for a minimum of 900 words to provide comprehensive and valuable information.
- Incorporate keywords from the post title throughout your content to improve SEO.
Taking Your Google Presence to the Next Level
In addition to Google Posts, there are other digital marketing strategies that can help boost your online presence and grow your business:
- Develop an impactful website.
- Implement search engine optimization (SEO).
- Monitor keyword trends.
- Implement a paid digital marketing strategy.
By combining these strategies with Google Posts, local businesses can elevate their online presence, reach a wider audience, and achieve greater success in the market.
In this beginner’s guide, we explored the power of Google Posts for local businesses. We discussed how businesses can leverage this free marketing tool to connect with potential customers directly on Google’s search results page. By following best practices, creating engaging content, and implementing other digital marketing strategies, SMBs can take control of their online presence and attract more customers.
Remember, the internet provides a promising opportunity for business growth, and digital marketing is the key to unlocking that potential. So, take advantage of Google Posts and other tools available to you, and watch your business thrive in the digital landscape.
Now that you have a better understanding of Google Posts and its benefits, it’s time to start creating compelling content that captures the attention of your target audience. Get ready to make a splash in the digital world and drive meaningful results for your business!