If you make a purchase through the links provided, we may receive a commission. To learn more, click here.
Are you interested in starting your own candy-making business? Whether you plan on operating from home or setting up a shop, you can find success in creating handmade chocolates, hard candies, and other delectable treats. Of course, the first step is to stock up on all the necessary candy-making supplies. Luckily, there are many great places where you can find everything you need.
The Candy and Confections Industry in 2022
The candy and confections industry is made up of thousands of companies that produce sweet treats such as chocolate, cookies, cakes, candies, and other sugar-based products. These products can be found online, in specialty shops, and in grocery stores. Confections are usually categorized as chocolates, sugar products, or gum, and while they may be low in nutrients, they are high in calories and carbohydrates. The leading confectionery company worldwide is Mars, Inc., which holds over 27% of the market. In the United States alone, the confectionery market is valued at a trillion dollars.
Top Places to Buy Candy Making Supplies for Your Business
For entrepreneurs looking to start a candy-making business, finding supplies at a fair price is essential to maximize profits. Even successful candy-making businesses will need to replenish their stock of supplies from time to time. To help you with your candy business needs, here are some of the best places to buy candy making supplies:
1. Amazon: Amazon’s bakeware category offers a wide range of affordable candy-making supplies. Prime members can also enjoy free, 2-day shipping on most purchases.
2. Etsy: Etsy is a popular online marketplace that caters to small business owners in various niches. They have a large selection of candy-making supplies, including unique and custom products.
3. The Baker’s Kitchen: The Baker’s Kitchen specializes in candy-making, cooking, and baking ingredients. They offer a wide range of supplies at wholesale prices, including hard-to-find specialty items, chocolate, candy fillings, flavorings, and molds.
4. WebstaurantStore: As the largest online restaurant supply store, WebstaurantStore also sells a vast selection of candy-making supplies at wholesale prices. You can find everything you need to make artisan chocolate bars and more.
5. Confectionery House: The Confectionery House has the largest selection of chocolate molds available. They offer a variety of items for bakers, candy makers, and cake decorators. Purchases of $75 or more qualify for free shipping.
6. Wilton: Wilton is a great option if you’re looking for candy-decorating supplies to make your confectionery creations beautiful as well as appetizing. They have supplies for all skill levels, and they often have special holiday promotions.
7. ShopBakersNook: ShopBakersNook is a cake- and candy-making supply store that offers reasonably-priced products for professionals and amateurs alike. They have everything you need to make chocolate candies, filled candies, or special gift candies.
8. Michaels: Although primarily a craft store, Michaels offers a wide range of candy-making supplies for making and selling your products. You can shop their selection online or at one of their local stores.
9. Sweet Treat Supply: Sweet Treat Supply provides top-quality candy-making supplies at wholesale prices. They have a vast selection of both hard and flexible candy and chocolate molds, as well as all the tools and supplies you might need for your candy-making business.
10. Country Kitchen Sweetart: Country Kitchen Sweetart offers a wide range of baking supplies, including cake, cookies, candy, cupcakes, chocolate, and more. They have a wholesale and bulk price structure for their customers, and they also offer candy-making tools and ingredients.
Essential Candy Supplies
To run a successful candy business, you’ll need a steady supply of ingredients. Business owners who want to maximize profits often purchase these vital materials in bulk to keep costs low. Here are some of the essential candy-making supplies you’ll need:
– Sugar: A sweet crystalline substance mainly composed of sucrose, sugar is the fundamental ingredient in most candy recipes. Its consistency is determined by various stages of heating.
– Corn Syrup: This thick liquid derived from cornstarch prevents sugar crystals from forming, resulting in a smoother texture in candies like marshmallows and caramels.
– Gelatin: Derived from collagen, gelatin provides structure and chewiness in candies like gummy bears and marshmallows.
– Cocoa Powder/Chocolate: Cocoa powder and chocolate are essential for making all kinds of chocolate candies, as they determine flavor and texture.
– Butter: Butter adds richness and creaminess to toffees, caramels, and fudges.
– Cream: Cream creates creamy textures in candies like truffles, chocolate ganaches, and caramels.
– Flavoring Extracts: These concentrated liquids enhance or introduce specific flavors to candies.
– Food Coloring: Food coloring adds vibrant colors to candies, making them visually appealing.
– Citric Acid: Used in sour gummy candies, citric acid provides a sour taste.
– Nuts: Nuts add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor to candies like pralines, nut brittles, and chocolate bars.
– Candy Melts: Confectionery coatings used for decoration, candy melts can be used to decorate candies, cookies, cakes, pretzels, and more.
Lollipop Sticks: Essential for making lollipops.