If you make a purchase using the links provided, we may receive a commission from our affiliate partners. Read more to learn about the potential for growth in artisanal soap businesses and the best places to buy supplies for your soap-making business.
The artisan soap market has experienced significant growth, driven by increasing demand for health, beauty, and wellness products. Customers are seeking out various bath products, including cold process soap, custom bath bombs, bath salts, and bath oils. Many of these products use similar base ingredients, making it easier for soap businesses to expand their customer base.
Here are some of the top places to buy soap-making supplies online:
1. Amazon: If you’re just starting out, Amazon is a great place to purchase soap supplies. They offer fast shipping, a wide range of options, and the ability to purchase smaller quantities before committing to larger orders.
2. Etsy: Etsy has a diverse marketplace with many supplier options. If you’re looking for unique and exciting supplies for your products, Etsy is a great place to start your search.
3. Bramble and Berry: Bramble and Berry are well-regarded for their high-quality soap-making supplies. They offer essential oils, cold-process soap components, melts and pours, and more. If you’re serious about turning soap making into a business, check out Bramble and Berry.
4. Nature’s Garden: Nature’s Garden Supplies offers all the essential tools needed for soap making. They have a variety of products, including silicone molds, oils, melt-and-pour soap bases, and more. They also provide quick shipping and additional cosmetic products.
5. Wholesale Supplies Plus: If you need to create large quantities of soap, Wholesale Supplies Plus offers bulk options. They have everything you need to make large batches of high-quality soaps and expand your business. Their products include soap bases, scent oils, and more.
6. Nurture Soap Suppliers: Nurture Soap Suppliers offer a wide range of options for creating amazing soap and bath products. They have essential oils, fragrance oils, molds, soap bases, additives, lye, and other important soap-making tools.
To create high-quality soaps, you’ll need essential ingredients such as lye, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, avocado oil, goat’s milk, honey, oats, essential oils, micas and natural pigments, herbs and botanicals, activated charcoal, and alcohol (like beer or wine). Each ingredient serves its own purpose in creating gentle and fragrant soaps.
As a soap maker, it’s essential to have the right tools for making your products. Soap molds are used to shape and contain the soap mixture as it hardens, and they come in different materials and shapes. A digital scale is crucial for accurate measurements of ingredients like lye and oils. A thermometer is used to monitor the temperature during the soap-making process.
By utilizing these top places to buy supplies and investing in the right tools, you can run your soap-making business smoothly and create products that customers will love.