If you purchase something from one of our affiliate partners, we may receive a commission. Learn more.
Are you interested in making and selling Christmas ornaments? With the holiday season approaching, there is a growing demand for unique homemade ornaments. This presents a profitable opportunity for crafty entrepreneurs.
Why should you sell handmade Christmas ornaments? There are several benefits to consider:
1. Enjoy a hobby: If you love crafting, selling Christmas ornaments can turn your hobby into a thriving small business.
2. Learn new skills: You don’t need to be an expert crafter to make and sell Christmas ornaments. Online tutorials provide step-by-step instructions to help you learn new skills.
3. Work from home: Selling Christmas ornaments allows you to start your own home-based business.
4. Earn extra cash: Making and selling Christmas ornaments can be a great way to earn extra money, whether as a side gig or a full-time venture.
5. Support a cause: Some entrepreneurs donate a portion of their profits to charitable organizations, using their business as a way to give back.
Where can you sell DIY Christmas ornaments? There are various options to consider, including:
1. Holiday craft fairs
2. Local craft stores
3. Online marketplaces like Etsy, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, and Amazon Handmade
Looking for ideas for DIY ornaments to sell? Here are some popular options:
1. Decorated Clear Glass Ornaments: Add glitter, paint, or fill the globes with paper or beads to create unique and attractive ornaments.
2. Salt Dough Ornaments: Make versatile Christmas ornaments by using cookie cutters and a simple salt dough recipe. This is also a fun activity to involve kids.
3. Hand-painted Christmas Ornaments: Paint unique designs on plain ball ornaments or other shapes to create beautiful and artistic decorations.
4. Photo Frame Ornaments: Create ornaments that allow customers to display their cherished Christmas memories. Use frame kits or other materials to make personalized keepsakes.
5. Cinnamon Sticks Bundle Ornaments: Bundle cinnamon stick cuttings and tie them together for an adorable and fragrant ornament.
6. Christmas Bell Ornaments: Tie ribbon loops to jingle bells for an easy and festive ornament.
7. Plastic Spoon Christmas Tree: Use plastic spoons to craft unique Christmas trees by attaching them to a paper mache form.
8. Holiday Season Signs: Paint rustic wooden signs with holiday messages to add a festive touch to Christmas decorations.
9. Christmas Candle Holders: Decorate plain candle holders with holiday-themed designs and colors, then tie a ribbon around them for an extra festive touch.
10. Jingle Bell Candy Cane Ornaments: Thread red and white jingle bells onto wire, shape it into a cane, and add a ribbon for hanging.
11. Christmas Wooden Ornament: Paint wooden balls with holiday designs, drill holes through them, and hang them with embroidery thread.
12. Holiday Yule Logs: Use scraps of wood, pine cones, and ivy to create traditional holiday decorations that will sell well.
13. Snow Globe Picture Christmas Ornament: Fill a clear ornament with fake snow and miniature reindeer, allowing customers to insert their favorite holiday photos.
14. Wooden Snowmen Holiday Decor: Cut snowman shapes from wood, paint them white, and add decorations like hats, scarves, and pipe cleaner arms.
15. Santa Pom Pom Ornaments: Create Santa ornaments using pom poms, felt hats, spectacles, and a red nose.
16. Sugar Cookie Ornaments: Shape sugar cookie dough into holiday-themed shapes using cookie cutters, and decorate them with icing.
17. Rustic Pine Cone Ornaments: Attach a ribbon or string to the top of a pine cone and add glitter or white paint for a snowy effect.
With these ideas and materials like hot glue guns, mason jars, and foam balls, you can create beautiful Christmas ornaments to sell. Whether you choose to sell them at craft stores, craft fairs, or online platforms, there are plenty of opportunities to turn your creativity into profit.