Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and we may earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links. To learn more, please visit our affiliate disclosure page.
If you’re looking to elevate your business with a touch of elegance and sophistication, calligraphy might be just the thing. To get started, you’ll need the right tools and materials. In this article, we’ll explore 10 places where you can find high-quality calligraphy supplies, including fine art supplies, to help take your business to the next level.
The Modern Calligraphy and Ink Arts Market in 2022
The modern calligraphy and ink arts market has experienced significant growth in 2022. With more people seeking to learn the art of hand lettering and calligraphy for their businesses or as a creative outlet, there has been a higher demand for calligraphy supplies, workshops, and tutorials, resulting in an increase in calligraphy and ink art products on the market.
Top Places to Buy Supplies for Calligraphy
Whether you’re a seasoned calligrapher or just starting out, having the right supplies is key. Here are some of the top places to buy supplies for calligraphy, ranging from online retailers to local art supply stores:
1. Amazon: With a wide selection of calligraphy supplies, Amazon is a convenient option for purchasing high-quality tools and materials.
2. Etsy: Independent artists and suppliers use Etsy to sell unique and handmade calligraphy supplies, making it a great platform to find one-of-a-kind items not available elsewhere.
3. Blick Art Materials: As a leading supplier of art materials, Blick Art Materials offers a wide range of high-quality calligraphy supplies, making it easy to find and purchase what you need.
4. Joann: Joann is an all-in-one fabric and craft store that provides a variety of calligraphy supplies, including pens, nibs, and ink.
5. Michaels: Michaels offers a wide range of calligraphy supplies, from pens and paper to sets and kits, both online and in-store.
6. Hobby Lobby: With an array of essential calligraphy supplies, Hobby Lobby offers weekly discounts and a rewards program for frequent shoppers.
7. Paper and Ink Arts: As a leading source for calligraphers worldwide, Paper and Ink Arts offers a vast selection of calligraphy supplies, prioritizing quality products and excellent service.
8. Tom’s Studio: For handmade, sustainable, and high-quality calligraphy tools, Tom’s Studio offers a unique selection of materials.
9. Written Word Calligraphy: Specializing in custom wedding invitations, calligraphy supplies, modern calligraphy tools, and online courses, Written Word Calligraphy is inspired by the love for God’s Word.
10. Office Depot: While Office Depot offers a limited selection of calligraphy supplies, primarily focused on pens and markers, it provides printing and custom stamp services.
Must-Have Calligraphy Supplies
Finding the right calligraphy supplies can elevate your writing to the next level. Here are some essentials to consider:
– Calligraphy Inks: Ink is one of the most important supplies for calligraphy. From traditional sumi ink to modern acrylics, choose what suits your style and preference.
– Sealing Wax: Adding a wax seal provides a lovely touch, and sealing wax comes in a range of colors and finishes to choose from.
– Nibs and Pens: Having a good quality nib or pen is essential, whether you prefer a traditional dip pen or a modern brush pen.
– Paper: Choose high-quality, smooth paper that is designed for calligraphy or drawing to achieve the desired quality in your calligraphy.
– Guides and Templates: Using guides or templates, particularly for those beginning in calligraphy, can also be helpful for creating consistent spacing and letter size.
Essential Calligraphy Tools for Businesses
For businesses looking to incorporate calligraphy into their branding and marketing materials, the right tools are essential. Here are some to consider:
– Calligraphy Brushes: Producing a variety of strokes, calligraphy brushes are ideal for creating large lettering or backgrounds.
– Calligraphy Pens: Choose a pen that feels comfortable in your hand and produces the desired line quality for your writing, whether it’s a fountain pen, brush pen, or dip pen.
– Ink Cartridges and Refills: Choose ink that is compatible with your pen and comes in a variety of colors to suit your needs if you’re using a fountain pen.
– Calligraphy Paper Pads: Using dedicated paper pads for calligraphy can help you achieve the desired look for your writing.
– Lightboxes and Tracing Paper: For businesses creating calligraphy-based designs, light boxes and tracing paper can be useful tools for transferring and duplicating artwork.
What Supplies Should a Beginner Calligrapher Buy?
For beginner calligraphers, basic supplies are the best place to start, such as pen holders, nibs, ink, and paper. As they progress, they can experiment with different pens, brushes, and colors to find their preferred style.
What Is the Best Tool for Calligraphy?
The best tool for calligraphy depends on personal preference and the type of writing being created. Dip pens, fountain pens, and brush pens are some popular options, each producing a unique look and feel.
Is There a Demand for Calligraphy Businesses?
There is a demand for calligraphy businesses, especially for special events such as weddings and corporate events. However, the market can be competitive, and businesses may need to differentiate themselves by offering unique styles or services.
To save money on shipping costs for your Amazon purchases and enjoy thousands of titles from Amazon’s video library, consider signing up for an Amazon Prime membership.
Image: Envato Elements