As an affiliate partner, we may earn money from purchases made through the links provided in this content. Starting a bookbinding business requires reliable vendors that can provide quality supplies in a timely manner. Your materials have a direct impact on the final product and customer satisfaction. To save you time, we have compiled a list of the top ten places to purchase bookbinding supplies. The bookbinding market is projected to grow in 2023 and beyond, making it a great year to dive into entrepreneurship.
Here are the top ten places to buy bookbinding supplies online:
1. Amazon – offers world-class customer support and competitive rates.
2. Etsy – perfect for buying directly from makers.
3. eBay – find unique supplies not listed elsewhere.
4. Hollander’s – offers book binding supplies and decorative papers.
5. Talas – sources high-quality products worldwide.
6. BLICK Art Materials – can meet all your paper and board needs.
7. Lineco – offers a quick order option for easy shopping.
8. JOANN – a leading craft and specialty retailer.
9. Texas Art Supply – provides a range of bookbinding supplies.
10. Skyline Book Binding Machines & GBC Supplies – offers a large inventory of tools and supplies.
Essential bookbinding supplies include paper, adhesives, book cloth, thread, bookbinding board, endpapers, and headband materials. Other important equipment and tools include a sewing frame, bone folder, metal ruler, awl, utility knife, self-healing cutting mat, paste brushes, and book presses.
Bookbinding can be a profitable business, depending on factors such as demand, quality of services, profit margins, and competition. The most commonly used bookbinding cloths are Japanese book cloth, binder’s buckram, cotton, and cialux. Consider your skills and desired book durability when choosing a cloth.
Save money on shipping costs and enjoy thousands of titles from Amazon’s video library with an Amazon Prime membership. Sign up for a free trial today.