If you are considering investing in a gas station franchise, you have plenty of options to choose from. In this article, we will highlight some of the top gas station franchise opportunities available in 2023.
A gas station franchise is a business model where an entrepreneur pays a fee to operate a gas station under an established brand. The franchisor provides training, support, and supplies to the franchisee, who follows the franchisor’s guidelines and pays ongoing royalties.
The gas station industry in 2023 is expected to face challenges from electric and alternative-fuel vehicles, as well as online fuel delivery services. However, some gas stations are adapting by offering amenities such as convenience stores, food services, and car washes to attract customers.
There are several reasons to consider investing in a gas station franchise. Gas stations provide a steady stream of income and offer opportunities for growth and expansion. They come with an established brand that provides instant recognition and trust among customers. Franchisors offer extensive training, support, and marketing assistance. Franchisees benefit from bulk purchasing power, resulting in lower costs for supplies and inventory. Gas stations often have multiple revenue streams, increasing profits.
If you’re interested in a gas station franchise, here are some top options to consider:
1. 7-Eleven Convenience Store: This franchise requires US citizenship or permanent residency and has a franchise fee ranging from $50,000 to $750,000.
2. AMPM: This franchise offers financial incentives and loans, with a franchise fee ranging from $35,000 to $70,000.
3. Murphy USA: This franchise requires mid or senior-level management experience, with a total investment ranging from $26,025 to $116,650.
4. Kangaroo Express: This Canadian franchise requires a minimum net worth of $1,000,000, with a total investment ranging from $268,500 to $4,846,500.
5. LUKOIL: This Russian multinational energy corporation offers a franchise opportunity in the fuel retail sector.
6. Sunoco: This American company specializes in the production and marketing of petroleum and petrochemical products, with a franchise fee of $30,000 and a total investment ranging from $250,000 to $600,000.
7. Shell: This franchise requires a total investment between $2.5 million and $6.6 million, with a minimum liquidity of $700,000.
8. Chevron: This franchise requires a total investment ranging from $1.5 million to $2.5 million, with a minimum liquidity of $500,000.
9. BP: This multinational oil and gas company requires a minimum net worth of $3,000,000 and a minimum liquidity of $250,000, with a franchise fee of $30,000 and a total investment ranging from $2,500,000 to $6,600,000.
10. Circle K: This franchise requires a minimum net worth of $1 million, with a total investment of almost $5 million.
11. RaceTrac: This franchise opportunity has a franchise fee of $25,000 and a total investment of $1 – $1.4 million.
12. Street Corner: This franchise opportunity has a franchise fee of $30,000, an initial investment of $105,000 to $460,000, and an ongoing royalty fee of 5%.
13. Dash In: This franchise requires a franchise fee of $27,000 and a total investment ranging from $136,600 to $187,200.
14. Extra Mile: This franchise opportunity requires franchisees to be qualified Chevron and Texaco retailers, with a franchise fee of $15,000 and a total investment ranging from $215,000 to $4.21 million.
15. Marathon: This franchise opportunity requires a total investment ranging from $250,000 to $2 million, with an annual fee of $250,000 to run the store and a cost of about $160,000 annually to stock the store.
To succeed in the gas station franchise industry, it’s essential to understand your market, stay updated with industry trends, prioritize the customer experience, diversify your offerings, leverage technology, and engage with the community. By implementing these strategies, you can position your gas station franchise for long-term success.