YouTube videos have numerous benefits for businesses, including adding value for customers, promoting products and services, and positioning your brand as an industry leader. However, in order to fully reap these benefits, you need to increase the number of views your videos receive. Here is a guide on how to get more YouTube video views:
1. Understand what is counted as a view on YouTube: YouTube considers a view when a video is played for at least 30 seconds and the user initiates the video playing. This includes videos played on YouTube itself as well as those embedded on other websites.
2. Determine your view goals: The number of views necessary to consider a video successful varies depending on your goals and the size of your following. While some videos may only receive a couple hundred views, top videos can reach billions.
3. Optimize your video titles: The title of a video is often the first thing viewers notice. Make sure your titles accurately describe the content while also grabbing the attention of potential viewers.
4. Share videos on social media: Leverage your existing social media presence by linking to your YouTube videos and growing a following. Platforms like Facebook prioritize native video content, so create videos specifically for these platforms and link back to your YouTube content.
5. Optimize video descriptions: Each video on YouTube includes a description that should accurately explain the content to viewers. Include relevant keywords and target keywords to direct viewers using the YouTube search engine.
6. List related videos in descriptions: Encourage viewers to watch more of your content by including links to similar videos in the description of each video.
7. Learn YouTube SEO: Research keywords and include them in titles, tags, categories, and descriptions to improve your visibility in search results. Additionally, optimize thumbnail imagery, engage with your audience, maintain a consistent uploading schedule, and collaborate with other YouTubers to increase views.
8. Create custom thumbnails: Custom thumbnails draw the eye and encourage users to click on your content over others, especially when viewers are searching for a topic or scrolling through their home pages.
9. Build views organically: High-quality views from real users have more long-term benefits compared to artificially inflated view counts.
10. Utilize YouTube analytics: Analyze your viewership data to understand which videos are most popular and when you receive the most interaction. Use this information to improve your future content.
11. Create a ‘Most Viewed’ section: Group all your popular videos in a dedicated section to encourage viewers to watch even more of your content.
12. Embed videos on your website: Include your YouTube videos on your website to leverage the traffic from your site and maximize views.
13. Research popular videos in your niche: Look at other video creators in your industry for general ideas that are likely to resonate with viewers and appear in search results.
14. Create playlists: Sort your content into playlists to encourage viewers to watch multiple videos in a row.
15. Add relevant cards in videos: Utilize YouTube cards to direct viewers to supplementary content, related videos, merchandise, or polls, enhancing their viewing experience.
16. Create custom end screens: Displayed in the last 5-20 seconds of a video, end screens allow you to promote other videos, playlists, channels, or links, encouraging sustained engagement and prolonged viewership.
17. Respond to comments: Engage with your audience by responding to comments, fostering a sense of belonging, and boosting viewer relationships.
18. Encourage users to engage with your content: Include a call to action at the end of each video to promote your YouTube channel and encourage likes, comments, shares, subscriptions, and turning on notifications.
19. Include other people’s content in videos: With permission, incorporate photos, videos, or commentary from other users. Notify them when your content is posted so they can promote it on their social networks.
20. Partner with popular influencers or brands: Collaborate with other creators or brands to increase your audience and gain exposure through their platforms.
By following these tips, you can increase views on your YouTube videos and grow your channel, ultimately benefiting your business.